1. It behooves us not to be over-calculating, because no calculus can factor in all factors. There’s always some mysterious surprise element.
2. Love and friendship are the soul’s way of growing wings.
3. A moment of transcendent beauty can forever change our sense of what is possible.
4. Sometimes the only solution to a computer problem is to reboot. Humans need to reboot, too. In the past the only way was to die. I think that’s why in many cultures death is given elevated status. But with meditation, we can reboot any time we want.
5. Be ready to sacrifice the temporary for the permanent. (Nothing in this world is really permanent.)
6. We must gently make this world a better place.
7. The best way to help yourself is to help other people. Corollary: The best thing for other people is when you take good care of yourself.
8. Your insides are more important than your outside.
9. How you feel is more important than how you look. Or what you think.
10. What you do is more important than how you feel.
11. What you are determines what you do. Therefore get to know what you are, which is stardust.
Photo of the Andromeda Galaxy from the Hubble Telescope courtesy of NASA